The third eye chakra (or the Ajna chakra) sits between your brows, and it is connected to your spirituality, broadly construed.
Given the Ajna’s meaning, the third eye’s balance affects (and is affected by) all of the following things:
- Your ability to form accurate gut feelings.
- Your sense of the bigger picture in life.
- Whether you meet goals related to your deepest purpose.
- Balancing emotion and reason.
- Whether you feel you’re stagnant or moving forward.
When your Third Eye Chakra is blocked, you may struggle to have faith in your broader purpose. So, you may feel there’s no point to what you’re doing, or feel it is insignificant. You might also be struck by your inability to make decisions. Some people describe this as a feeling of psychological paralysis. If you have a blocked Third Eye Chakra, you might have trouble sleeping, feel clumsy, and struggle to learn new things.
So, when your third eye is open, you will use both feelings and logic to make big decisions in life. You will trust in your own intuitions, and you will be comfortable knowing that you’re living your purpose. When you practice third eye chakra healing, you can notice a profound difference in your atonement with the world around you, and on your ability to be mindful.
When you’re dealing with a third eye chakra blockage, you can start to pick up negative third eye chakra symptoms. This can develop when something causes you to doubt your intuition’s accuracy, or when something gives you a reason to question what you thought was your purpose.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Third eye blockages can also trigger a range of troublesome physical symptoms. The most frequently reported include:
- Headaches (including migraines)
- Eye discomfort
- Back and leg pain
- Sinus pain
Everyone has different triggers that spark the need for third eye healing. However, it’s useful to be aware of some of the most common causes of blockages in the third eye.
For example, when someone belittles your vocation or passion, this can push the third eye chakra out of alignment.
Similarly, going through a transitional life experience like illness, death, job loss or divorce can create a blockage. Even just moving into a new period (e.g. around a significant birthday) has an impact on your third eye chakra, given how sensitive it is to your perception of your life’s worth.
Third eye healing is not as murky or complex as it might sound. While the third eye opening experience can be profound, the types of techniques that open the third eye chakra are surprisingly simple.
Here are some tips to get you started on your third eye journey:
Use Third Eye Chakra Stones And Jewelry For Healing
There is a chakra colors test that ties various different shades to different chakras. For the third eye chakra, the key color is purple. This gives you useful information to finding third eye chakra stones to work with.
The thought is that you can find jewelry featuring purple stones and wear it anytime you need to unblock the third eye chakra. You can also purchase larger third eye crystals that will sit in your pocket or in the palm of your hand, allowing you to squeeze them and focus on them when you need to keep your third eye chakra open.
Some of the best third eye stones include the following:
- Purple fluorite: This semi-precious gem is supposed to promote sharpened intuition and to clear up muddled thoughts. It’s an ideal third eye chakra crystal when you’re trying to make a difficult choice and want to get rid of irrelevant distractions.
- Amethyst: A famous and beautiful precious stone, amethyst is traditionally connected to third eye headache relief as well as all forms of healing. Some people also use it to represent wisdom.
- Black Obsidian: Another popular member of the third eye crystals group, black obsidian promotes balance between emotion and reason.
Third Eye Chakra Meditation And Yoga Techniques
However, third eye meditation is just one of many ways to work on opening this chakra. And there are plenty of chakra meditation techniques for beginners, so don’t worry if you’ve never tried mindfulness or meditation. Here’s one to start with:
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes. Inhale and exhale ten times, slowly and deeply.
- Focus your attention on the location of the third eye chakra, imagine a violet sphere of energy in the middle of your forehead. Remember, purple is the third eye chakra’s color.
- As you continue to breathe slowly and deeply, picture the purple ball of energy getting bigger and warmer. As it does, imagine it purging negativity from your body.
- Think of yourself of absorbing the third eye chakra’s energy—allow yourself to feel it all over.
- Open your eyes when you feel ready.
As you may have guessed, yoga can also be helpful when learning how to balance your chakras. Third eye yoga poses include the child pose and the eagle pose. You can find pictures and videos that will guide you through these straightforward positions. You may notice 3rd eye chakra opening symptoms soon after!
Chakra Foods List And Diet Suggestions
As is intuitive, basic chakra foods (i.e. ones that help all chakras) are all healthy staples. For example, all fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and wholegrain foods tend to promote openness throughout the chakra system.
However, there are also specific third eye chakra foods, and adding them to your daily diet can help to prevent or combat blockages. Keep the following in mind:
- Dark chocolate: If you like dark chocolate, feel free to have as much as you want when you’re trying to open the third eye! It is said to help enhance mental clarity and boost concentration. It is a great source of magnesium, which destresses you. As a bonus, it promotes the release of serotonin, putting you in a more positive mood.
- Anything purple: Given that purple is the third eye’s color, all purple foods promote its balance. Some of the best examples include eggplant, purple cabbage, red grapes, blueberries, and blackberries.
- Omega-3: Foods that are rich in omega-3 can enhance cognitive function and thereby help to keep your third eye chakra open. Good choices include walnuts, salmon, chia seeds and sardines.
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations To Use
Affirmations are phrases that target negative, limiting beliefs and replace them with more positive beliefs. They can be used to help you with everything from weight loss to finding love, so it stands to reason that they can also be used to balance chakras.
When designing third eye affirmations, in particular, you want to focus on spirituality, your gut instincts, and your basic sense of purpose. Here are some examples you can try. Feel free to adjust them until they feel right:
- “I follow the lead of my inner teacher.”
- “I know how to make the right decisions, and I do so with ease.”
- “I hear my intuitions and I know they will lead me to my purpose.”
- “I am on my true path.”
- “I live every day in accordance with my life’s purpose.”
- “I trust the guidance that my third eye gives me.”
- “I have unlimited possibilities available to me.”
- “I am an intuitive person, and I know what is right for me.”
- “It is safe and good to follow the guidance of my third eye.”
- “My third eye is open and ready to see my purpose.”
I wish you love and light on your spiritual journey. As always, sound off below! I would love to hear your thoughts and inputs!
Until Next Time Tribe,