Healthy, filling and a good-for-you Burrito Bowl comes together in minutes! Full of fresh ingredients and incredible flavour thanks to your favourite dressing, these burrito bowls are the perfect example of a healthy, hearty meal without sacrificing your taste buds.
• Cilantro lime rice — or cauliflower rice. You could also use quinoa, brown rice or minute rice.
• Black beans — substitute with red beans, chick peas, or refried beans
• Corn — fresh, canned or frozen
• Red onion — or green onion slices
• Red and yellow pepper (capsicum) strips
• Avocado slices
chicken fajita flavour
Taking a note from the Best Chicken Fajitas, we used that recipe as a base to make these burrito bowls! The marinade is so incredible, you don’t need to marinate the chicken for long at all! 5 minutes or overnight, customise it to your specific needs, then sear or grill chicken until beautifully charred on the outer edges, while juicy and tender on the inside.
burrito bowl meal prep
Prefer to meal prep instead of serving your burrito bowl as a main meal? No problem!
1 Have all of your fresh ingredients divided into 4-6 containers.
2 Cook your chicken, peppers and rice — allow to cool and divide into containers.
3 Prepare your dressing and pour into smaller salad dressing containers to avoid your burrito bowl going soggy.
4 Save your avocado until ready to serve.